Thai Spiced Pumpkin Soup
- 2 teaspoons coconut oil
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cups pumpkin, peeled and small dice (or 1 BPA free-can or container of pumpkin puree)
- 2 cups vegetable broth, more as needed
- 2 cups of coconut milk
- 1 bay leaf
- ¼ teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 tablespoons red curry paste
- ½ teaspoon nutmeg
- sea salt and pepper, to taste
- 4 tablespoons pumpkin seeds (pepitos)
- 4 tablespoons fresh cilantro
- In a pot, heat coconut oil over medium heat. Add the onions, garlic and pumpkin and cook 4-5 minutes.
- Add the stock, coconut milk, bay leaf, thyme and curry paste and cook for 15-20 minutes, adding more stock as needed.
- Take off the heat, remove the bay leaf and puree with an immersion blender or regular blender.
- Place back on the stove and add the nutmeg and season with salt and pepper as desired. Heat until warmed through.
- To serve, place the soup in a bowl and top with the pumpkin seeds and chopped cilantro. Enjoy!
Onion, Roasted Pumpkin, Vegetable Broth, Coconut Milk, Thyme, Red Curry Paste, Nutmeg, Sea Salt, Pepper, Cilantro, Pumpkin Seeds